I’m on the news!


It has been an exciting day so far to say the least. I woke up this morning feeling energized. Well, maybe not energized, more like tired as hell from not sleeping most of the night. This would more than likely be from the inability to stop worrying and stressing about the news interview I was doing this morning. But, I did finally drag myself out of bed.

This was my first time being on live TV. Needless to say I was rather nervous about messing something up and/or looking like a total idiot. I did my best to think of all the possible questions the interviewer might ask. I also had a list of potential questions given to me. I was starting to stress myself out over this. I needed to take a step back. I mean come on; I lived through colon cancer twice so I should be confident in what I am going to be talking about. I can spit this information out on demand. And, I have spoken to members of the United States Congress in regards to colorectal cancer, not once, but twice!  Therefore, why was I so nervous?  You will begin to see that I am passionate about the advocacy work I do in fighting colorectal cancer and the issues that surround this disease. So, being able to share some of my story on the local news and talk about concerns regarding this disease is a BIG DEAL to me. Therefore screwing up during the interview is not an option!

After I took my son to school, I headed towards the news studio. It was going to be about a 25 minute drive so it gave me some time to clear my head. What did I do? I put some Pantera on and jammed out driving down the road! I could only imagine what it was I looked like. I was in full on head banging mode. Somehow the supposed to take 20 minute drive turned into only taking about 15. I pulled into the parking lot of the station with music blearing and ready for action.

Once inside, I was walked into a waiting room. This is where they would hook the mic up to me and gave me a rough idea as to how the segment would go. That is when I started to get nervous again. I did my best to talk to the other people in the room to keep my mind off of what was getting ready to happen. They came and got me about 20 minutes later and lead me out to where I would be interviewed. The co-anchor that interviewed me was an extremely nice guy and made me feel much better than what I did before walking out. It was all downhill from there.

Check it out for yourself and tell me how you think I did!

Click here to watch the news interview




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s